The College of Liberal Arts
The College of Liberal Arts offers graduate programs of varying types, emphasizing the insights and traditions of academic disciplines, providing advanced training in areas of professional emphasis and encouraging interdisciplinary perspective. Programs serve both recent graduates and working professionals seeking to advance in their fields or change careers.
These programs develop the ability of students to analyze and interpret information and opinions, to make informed judgments about complex issues and to apply expertise in professional practice. The graduate curricula enable graduates to move comfortably in the world of ideas and values and to appreciate the rich diversity of human culture. Small classes ensure personal attention and an emphasis on writing and the refinement of professional applications. Commitment to graduate education is reflected not only in teaching excellence, but also in the scholarly activity of the faculty. They are mentors to their students, who often have the opportunity to engage in collaborative research or monitored practice. Faculty members participate annually in cooperative ventures within the urban community as well.
Many of the departments, centers and institutes of the college develop creative partnerships with public and private enterprises to ensure that the intellectual resources of Towson University serve the people of the Baltimore metropolitan area.
Terry A. Cooney, Dean
Liberal Arts Building 2213
Certificates of Advanced Study (post-master’s)
Master’s Degree Programs
- Child Life, Administration and Family Collaboration
- Geography and Environmental Planning
- Human Resource Development
- Integrated Homeland Security Management
- Leadership in Jewish Education and Communal Service
- Leadership in Jewish Education and Communal Service and Jewish Studies
- Master of Social Work and Leadership in Jewish Education and Communal Service
- Jewish Studies
- Professional Studies (See Interdisciplinary Programs section)
- Professional Writing
- Social Science
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- Women's Studies Combined Bachelor's-Master's Programs