Dual Degree Engineering Program with University of Maryland, College Park
Smith Hall 445, 410-704-3020
The objective of the Dual Degree Engineering Program at Towson University provides students with the opportunity to obtain two bachelor's degrees: a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree from Towson and a Bachelor of Engineering degree from University of Maryland, College Park. The B.S. degree at Towson could be from any discipline; however, most participants major in physics. To obtain more information pleas contact a dual degree adviser at 410-704-3020.
Requirements for Dual Degree Students While at TU
- Complete required courses in Dual Degree Program.
- Complete a minimum of 90 units.
- Complete Core Curriculum requirements.
- Complete a major program (with transfers approved by department).
- Obtain recommendation from chair of TU major department.
Requirements for Admission
In order for students to become Dual Degree candidates at the University of Maryland, College Park, they must have satisfied Towson University requirements and, in addition, have the following:
- A cumulative GPA at TU of 3.00 or better.
- A recommendation from the designated official at Towson University.
About the Dual Degree Program with University of Maryland, College Park
Dual Degree candidates from Towson University are eligible to seek a baccalaureate degree majoring in any one of the following areas at University of Maryland, College Park:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Resources Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering