Division of Strategic Partnerships and Applied Research
Administration Building 301 & 7400 York Road
Vice President: Daraius Irani, Ph.D.
The Division of Strategic Partnerships & Applied Research leverages the combined expertise of its 70+ person team to strengthen Maryland's communities and address opportunities and challenges. Strategic partnerships create engagement and enrichment opportunities for individuals and organizations to support TU’s longstanding commitment to serving Greater Baltimore’s business, nonprofit and government sectors.
- The Center for GIS (CGIS) empowers clients with GIS technology and solutions through data development and analysis, application design and development, and training.
- Continuing Education jump-starts careers through professional certification courses that address critical skill gaps in high growth industries.
- IT Services provides secured cloud and managed hosting services. Some of the most visible public facing web sites in Maryland have been developed and are hosted in our data center.
- Leadership and Organizational Development designs and delivers customized courses and programs that strengthen capacity building at the individual, team and organizational level.
- The Office of Partnerships & Outreach manages the presidential priority BTU—Partnerships at Work for Greater Baltimore and provides communications and convening support to faculty and staff as well as external partners.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute provides continued learning and cultural enrichment through academic and social programs for adults, age 50 and older.
- The Regional Economic Studies Institute (RESI) is the leading expert on Maryland’s economy and provides economic and policy analysis services across the region.
- Venture Creation induces regional economic development through mission-driven business incubation via TU Incubator.