Housing and Residence Life
Marshall Hall, Entrance closest to garage, 410-704-2516
TBA, Assistant Vice President
Housing and Residence Life
Housing and Residence Life provides living facilities for full-time degree candidates and promotes educational programs and activities that support the university’s academic mission. The Housing and Residence Life staff and the University Residence Government strive to maintain an environment that encourages academic excellence, community responsibility and individual development.
Towson University offers on-campus housing for approximately 4,900 students.
- Resident students must sign a contract for university housing, renewable at the option of the university, and must carry a minimum of 12 units. Priority is given to undergraduate students.
- Housing facilities are available to students only when classes are in session. Some special interest programs are open year-round.
- The Housing and Residence Life staff offers assistance and programs for resident students.
- A number of special living options are available, including alcohol-free areas, honors housing, the Global Village, STEM and American Sign Language. All buildings are non-smoking.
- The off-campus housing listing service is available for students looking for off-campus housing at www.towson.edu/housing. For more information or assistance, contact the main office.
- Residents must vacate the residence halls after they complete their final term examination at the end of the school year.
- Please contact Housing and Residence Life concerning housing eligibility and availability.
Connected to the rest of the campus by a bridge that crosses over the Glen, this complex includes four high-rise buildings housing about 425 students each. All student accommodations are suites, with two rooms sharing a bath. There is a lounge area on each floor and a centrally located dining hall in the complex.
Prettyman and Scarborough Halls
These low-rise residence halls enclose a garden courtyard and house approximately 160 students each.
This 13-story, high-rise residence hall accommodates approximately 500 students in double and single rooms. There is a lounge area, study room and kitchen on each floor, and a recreation room and laundry facility on the lower level of the building. The Residence Tower accommodates students requesting the Global Village. Both nine- and 12-month housing options are available for international students.
Towson Run Apartments
These one-, two-, and four-bedroom apartments for upper-level undergraduate students are fully furnished. In addition to double bedrooms, each apartment has a full kitchen and living/dining room. Approximately 420 students are housed at Towson Run. Nine-month housing is available. For students electing this option, the apartments are open during term breaks.
Barton and Douglass Houses
These two residence halls house 650 students and are located in West Village. Each building contains premium double-occupancy rooms with private bathrooms and many lounge spaces. Douglass House is designated as the Honors College residence hall.
Carroll and Marshall Halls
These two apartments house 700 students and are located in West Village. There are primarily 4-bedroom apartments with a few 2-bedroom apartments with each bedroom being a single with a full-sized bed. These fully furnished apartments have a kitchen with a dishwasher, a living room and two bathrooms in 4-bedroom apartments (one bathroom in a 2-bedroom apartment). There are lounges on each floor for study.
Paca and Tubman Houses
The two five-story buildings, built in 2008, that comprise the facility house a combined 668 beds and contain all double-occupancy rooms with a private bathroom. As the buildings are co-managed by Capstone Properties and the Towson University Department of Housing and Residence Life, leasing/assignments and facilities will be managed by Capstone, while Residence Life functions such as staffing and programming will be managed by TU Housing and Residence Life staff. Residence hall staff members will live in each building and work with students to create a community atmosphere. For more information about Paca and Tubman houses go to www.pacatubman.com.
8000 York Road, 410-704-6455