Veterans Office

Enrollment Services 211, 410-704-3094

The office provides coordination between veteran/dependent students and the regional office of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Certifying official establishes procedures and prepares forms and correspondence for eligible students to receive educational benefits. Additionally, the officer monitors class attendance and evaluates academic progress to ensure that those receiving benefits maintain satisfactory progress.

Students may visit the office daily from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. but may wish to call for an appointment. The time range for the Regional Office of the Veterans Administration to process an enrollment certification is six weeks. Certification is not automatic.

The proper VA forms must be completed each term.

NOTE: Students cannot be certified for courses until they register.


When students decrease unit load during the course of the term, they must notify the TU Veterans Office. Failure to do so could result in termination of benefits and a financial debt to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

FX Grades

Students who receive an FX at the end of a term should contact the university Veterans office immediately.

Change of Program

Veterans may change their academic program once without VA approval. For more than one change of program, however, veterans may be required to undergo counseling by the Veterans Administration. A Change of Program Form must be filed whenever veterans make a curriculum change in which any of the courses for which VA benefits were previously received do not transfer into the new program or whenever students declare a new major or matriculate at a different institution.

Approved Program

The VA will pay veterans only for the courses listed in the Undergraduate Catalog that are required for a degree and for programs that have been approved for study by the Veterans Administration.