Software Engineering Certificate
Program Director: Cheryl Brown
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Software Engineering covers the study, design, development, implementation and support of computer-based information systems. This program provides graduate-level education in IT for students preparing to enter the high-tech work force and those already in the work force who wish to update and enhance their skills. The course of study can be completed as a stand-alone graduate certificate or applied to the M.S. degree program in Applied Information Technology. The program is intended for students who have a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, computer information systems or a related field, who will enter the program for advanced studies. The program may also be of interest to persons who:
- Do not have a bachelor’s degree in the field, but are currently employed in the IT field and are seeking additional academic studies for professional growth or to advance their careers.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than IT who are seeking preparation for careers in this field.
Application deadlines and a full listing of materials required for admission can be found on the website.
|AIT 600||INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE||3|
|AIT 624||SOFTWARE ENGINEERING FUNDAMENTALS||3|
|AIT 725||CASE STUDIES IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING||3|
|Select at least two of the following:||6|
|SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEERING|
|SOFTWARE TESTING AND MAINTENANCE|
- Understand the information technology infrastructure and its place and value in today’s business.
- Work effectively in teams and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Use their proficiency to solve a variety of problems.
- Prepare, present and develop proposals and solutions for today’s governmental and industrial needs.