Office of Technology Services
Administration Building 113 & Cook Library 29
The Office of Technology Services (OTS) provides computing support to the Towson University community. Student Computing Services (SCS) and OTS Training are units within OTS responsible for providing technology services and support directly to students.
Student Computing Services (SCS)
Cook Library 35 and Towson Run 123
SCS provides technical resources and support for students of all majors and experience levels. The SCS Service Desk is the point of contact for technology-related issues, supporting access and use of all the major student systems at Towson University, including Towson Online Services (advising, schedules, course registration, bill payment), BlackBoard (course management system) and Webmail Powered by Google. Students can also get assistance with connectivity issues, wireless network configuration, virus and spyware removal, and general application and computer questions.
Studios, Computer Labs, and Printing
In addition to the Service Desk, on the first level of Cook Library, SCS operates a computer lab, a learning center, and multimedia production studios, offering access to standard and course-based software applications; 3D printing, wepa printing, and large-format printing; collaborative workstations; consultations with SCS staff; rehearsal space for presentations; studio space for audio/video production and short-term loans of digital cameras and camcorders. At SCS in Towson Run 123, get late night access to technology support and computers in West Village.
Residential Network and Television
Your NetID is a user-specific ID that grants access to Towson University resources, like your financial information and grades, and it should be kept confidential. Do not share it with anyone! No one at Towson University will ever ask for your NetID password so be cautious of “phishing” emails asking you to enter your NetID password. Visit the phishing web page for more information.
As a Towson University student, you have access to the following resources:
- Microsoft Office 365 - Free downloads available.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) – Unlimited access to thousands of courses on a wide range of topics. Login using your NetID.
- Wēpa printing – Convenient printing from Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices to kiosks located throughout campus.
- Webmail Powered by Google – Check your University email daily for important communications from your instructors and various University offices.
- Webdisk & Google Drive and OneDrive - Online file storage.
- Web publishing
- Virtual Workspace - Use various software packages over the Internet.
- Tu-secure Wireless – Offers faster speeds and more secure wireless than tu-openaccess.
Cook Library 408
OTS Training offers free workshops and training on technology topics such as Office 365. Visit the OTS Training webpage to access 180+ self-help training documents, and 100+ video tutorials on technology related topics, including our biweekly Computer Therapy series via YouTube. We offer one-on-one sessions for students, or customized group training for student organizations where we bring the training - and laptops - to you. Email us directly to schedule a workshop.