Office of Technology Services
The Office of Technology Services (OTS) provides computing services and support to the campus. OTS’ Student Computing Services (SCS) directly supports technology services for TU students.
Student Computing Services (SCS)
Cook Library 35, Cook Library 3rd Floor Academic Commons, Towson Run 123 and Science Complex 3250
SMS Text Message: 410-324-7271
SCS provides technical resources and support for students of all majors and experience levels. The SCS Service Desk is the point of contact for technology-related issues, supporting access and use of all the major student systems at TU, including Towson Online Services (advising, schedules, course registration, bill payment), Blackboard (course management system) and Webmail Powered by Google. Students can also get assistance with connectivity issues, wireless network configuration, virus and spyware removal, and general application and computer questions. We also offer a list of remote learning resources.
Studios, Computer Labs, and Printing
SCS also operates a computer lab, a learning center and multimedia production studios, offering access to standard and course-based software applications; 3D printing, wepa printing, and large-format printing; collaborative workstations; consultations with SCS staff; rehearsal space for presentations; studio space for audio/video production and short-term loans of digital cameras and camcorders. We also have two high-powered computers, that we call Power Stations, available for video rendering and other high-powered computing needs. At SCS in Towson Run 123, get access to technology support and computers in West Village.
Your NetID grants access to TU resources, like your financial information and grades, and it should be kept confidential. Don’t share it with anyone! No one at TU will ever ask for your NetID password so be cautious of “phishing” emails asking you to enter your NetID password. Visit the phishing web page for more information.
As a Towson University student, you have access to the following resources:
- Microsoft Office 365 - Free downloads available.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) – Unlimited access to thousands of courses on a wide range of topics. Login using your NetID.
- Wēpa printing – Convenient printing from Mac, Windows, iOS and Android devices to kiosks located throughout campus.
- Webmail Powered by Google – Check your TU email daily for important communications from your instructors and various university offices.
- Webdisk and OneDrive - Online file storage.
- Web publishing
- Virtual Workspace - Use various software packages over the Internet.
- Tu-secure Wireless – Offers faster speeds and more secure wireless than tu-openaccess.
- Self-help Technology Resources - documents and video tutorials on technology-related topics, available 24/7.
More resources and information can be found on our Student Technology Orientation page.