The eligibility requirements for all Federal Title IV aid and need-based TU aid include:
- Meet federal aid Citizenship Requirements (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, or other eligible non-citizen.)
- Students must annually submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and must agree to only use federal student aid for educational purposes
- Must not be in default on a student loan or not owe a repayment of a Federal Title IV grant
- Admission as a bachelor's degree seeking student
- Meet TU's Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Must have a valid social security number (except for students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)
- Male students must register for Selective Service.
- Students must not violate specific federal aid drug conviction restrictions. These restrictions only suspend aid eligibility for students who were convicted of selling or possessing drugs while they were receiving federal student aid. Students with convictions that might apply should read this federal process overview, call 1-800-4-FED-AID, or visit the FAFSA website.
Need-based aid programs also require financial need, but Federal Unsubsidized and PLUS loans do not require financial need.