Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's Programs
Towson University’s accelerated bachelor’s to master’s programs allow students to begin their graduate studies while still an undergraduate student. Designed for high achieving and talented students, it expedites earning an advanced degree by combining bachelor’s and master’s degree requirements.
An accelerated bachelor’s to master’s program is an explicit arrangement of undergraduate and graduate courses that allow students to complete the bachelor’s and the master’s degree in less time and save money. During the undergraduate program, students have the opportunity to take up to 9 units of graduate coursework. These units count towards the undergraduate degree, and if a grade of B or higher is earned, towards the graduate degree.
Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's programs are comprised of structured programs and individualized plans of study. Please visit the Registrar's website for guides on navigating the admission and enrollment in an accelerated bachelor's to master's program.
Structured programs are accelerated programs between an undergraduate major and master's degree program that have an approved, existing agreement for coursework choices between the undergraduate and graduate course requirements.
- Accounting (BS) to Accounting & Business Advisory Services (MS)
- Business Administration - Marketing (BS) to Marketing Intelligence (MS)
- Business Administration - Project Management (BS) to Supply Chain Management (MS)
- Computer Science (BS to MS)
- English (BS) to Professional Writing (MS)
- Family Science (BS) to Leadership in Jewish Education & Communal Service (MA)
- Family & Human Services (BS) to Child Life, Administration & Family Collaboration (MS)
- Family & Human Services (BS) to Leadership in Jewish Education & Communal Service (MA)
- Geography & Environmental Planning (BS to MA)
- Health Science (BS to MS)
- Math (BS) to Applied Industrial Mathematics (MS)
- Music (BM to MM)
- Physics (BS) to Applied Physics (MS)
- Teaching (BS/BA to MAT)
- Women's & Gender Studies (BS to MS)
Individual Plan of Study
An individualized plan of study is an accelerated program in which a student works with their undergraduate major and a master's degree program of their choice to develop a sequence of courses to complete the undergraduate degree and get an early start on their graduate work. Both the undergraduate department chair and graduate program director must approve the use of courses for the undergraduate and graduate degree requirements.