Housing and Residence Life
Marshall Hall, Entrance closest to garage
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Housing & Residence Life provides living facilities for full-time undergraduate degree candidates and promotes educational programs and activities that support TU’s academic mission. Housing & Residence Life opens the door to student success and personal growth by cultivating safe, inclusive, and engaging communities at Towson University.
Towson University offers on-campus housing for approximately 5,850 students.
- Resident students must sign a contract for university housing, renewable at the option of TU and must carry a minimum of 12 units.
- Housing facilities are available to students only when classes are in session.
- The Housing and Residence Life staff offers assistance and programs for resident students.
- A number of special living options are available, including but not limited to alcohol-free areas, honors housing, the Global Village, Health Professions community, Education community, Gender Inclusive Housing, College of Business and Economics, Civic Transformation community, SAGE community, Speak Up Speak Out community, STEM community and American Sign Language. All buildings are non-smoking.
- The off-campus housing listing service is available online for students looking for off-campus housing. For more information or assistance, contact the Office of Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility at 410-704-5304.
- Residents must vacate the residence halls after they complete their final term examination at the end of the school year.
- Please contact Housing and Residence Life concerning housing eligibility and availability.
Connected to the rest of the campus by a bridge that crosses over the Glen, this complex includes four high-rise buildings housing about 425 students each. All student accommodations are suites, with two rooms sharing a bath. There is a lounge area on each floor and a centrally located dining hall in the complex.
Newell and Richmond Halls
These residence halls house approximately 300 students. Richmond is home to our STEM Living Learning Community. These residence halls offer a variety of living arrangements for 1-3 residents per room.
Prettyman and Scarborough Halls
These low-rise residence halls enclose a garden courtyard and house approximately 160 students each.
This 13-story, high-rise residence hall accommodates approximately 440 students in double and single rooms. There is a lounge area, study room on each floor, a kitchen and lounge area on the first floor and a recreation room and laundry facility on the lower level of the building. Residence Tower is the only residence hall open for 9 months, meaning students can remain in this building during term break periods (Thanksgiving, winter and spring break).
The Residences at 10 West Burke Avenue
This residence hall is the recently converted TU Marriott. It is a 15 story building housing approximately 380 students. This building has one and two bedroom apartment style rooms housing two to four residents per apartment. The apartments are nine month housing and are open during term breaks.
Barton and Douglass Houses
These two residence halls house 650 students and are located in West Village. Each building contains premium double-occupancy rooms with private bathrooms and many lounge spaces. Douglass House is designated as the Honors College residence hall.
Towson Run Apartments
These one-, two-, and four-bedroom apartments for upper-level undergraduate students are fully furnished. In addition to double bedrooms, each apartment has a full kitchen and living/dining room. Approximately 420 students are housed at Towson Run. The apartments are nine month housing and are open during term breaks.
Harris Hall and Tubman Houses
Managed by: Capstone on Campus Management
These two residence halls house 668 students and are located in West Village. Each building contains double-occupancy rooms with private bathrooms and many lounge spaces. As the buildings are co-managed by Capstone on Campus Management and the TU Department of Housing and Residence Life, leasing/assignments and facilities will be managed by Capstone, while Residence Life functions such as staffing and programming will be managed by TU Housing and Residence Life staff. Residence hall staff members will live in each building and work with students to create a community atmosphere. For more information, visit Harris Hall and Tubman houses' website.
Barnes and Marshall Halls
These two apartments house 700 students and are located in West Village. These apartments are primarily 4-bedroom with a few 2-bedroom apartments, each bedroom being a single with a full-sized bed. These fully furnished apartments have a kitchen with a dishwasher, living room and two bathrooms in 4-bedroom apartments (one bathroom in a 2-bedroom apartment). There are lounges on each floor for study. The apartments are nine month housing and are open during term breaks.
Managed by: Capstone on Campus Management
The four story apartment building houses approximately 420 students in four-bedroom, two-bathroom apartments. As the buildings are co-managed by Capstone on Campus Management and the TU Department of Housing and Residence Life, leasing/assignments and facilities will be managed by Capstone, while Residence Life functions such as staffing and programming will be managed by TU Housing and Residence Life staff. Residence hall staff members will live in each building and work with students to create a community atmosphere. For more information, visit Millennium Hall's website.