Withdrawal from a Course

When a student drops a course within the change of schedule period, no grade is recorded. If the course is dropped after the change of schedule period but within the period to drop with the grade of W, the W grade will be recorded on the permanent record. Courses with W grades will not affect the GPA because they are excluded from GPA calculations. Students who receive financial aid, should review the policy on Drops and WithdrawalsStudents who do not officially drop a course during the established time periods will receive the grade earned in the course (A, B, C, F) as determined by the instructor.

Students with documented medical problems or verified circumstances beyond their control may petition the Registrar’s Office to drop a course after the established deadline and receive a grade of W. Documentation must accompany the petition. Students are responsible for informing their instructors of the petition to withdraw for medical reasons. If approved, grades of W will be recorded for all unearned grades (FX). Earned grades (A, B, C, F) will not be changed.