Minor in Marketing
The Minor in Marketing is housed in the Department of Marketing: Stephens Hall 123, 410-704-3357.
Marketing is the business function that is responsible for creating, communicating and delivering value to customers. Marketing involves determining who an organization’s customers are (or should be) and figuring out how best to attract and retain profitable customers. As such, proficiency in marketing is essential for any organization. The courses available in the Minor in Marketing focus on the qualitative side of marketing including personal selling, global marketing and consumer behavior. The Minor in Marketing provides students with a greater ability to understand consumers’ needs and wants and an ability to create customer value. Students from any major, excepting BUAD students with a concentration in marketing, may pursue the Minor in Marketing.
This 21-unit minor is available to students who have a major other than Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing. The Marketing minor normally takes at least 3 terms to complete beginning with MKTG 341.
- At least 12 units of the Minor must be completed at Towson University.
- No more than 3 units of upper (300-400) level Marketing courses may be taken as part of Study Abroad / Away.
- All courses must be completed with a grade equivalent of 2.00 or higher.
- It is recommended, but not required, that ECON 201 be taken before MKTG 341.
- MKTG 341 is a prerequisite for all other MKTG courses.
- MKTG 425 is a prerequisite for MKTG 445.
- MKTG 451 is a prerequisite for the Marketing Elective (MKTG 345, MKTG 355, MKTG 347, MKTG 361, MKTG 452 or MKTG 470).
|ECON 201||MICROECONOMIC PRINCIPLES||3|
|or ECON 203||HONORS MICROECONOMIC PRINCIPLES|
|MKTG 341||PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING||3|
|MKTG 425||CONSUMER BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS||3|
|MKTG 451||PROFESSIONAL SELLING||3|
|MKTG 445||GLOBAL MARKETING||3|
|COMM 131||PUBLIC SPEAKING||3|
|or PSYC 101||INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY|
|or THEA 101||ACTING I|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|MANAGING INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS|
|MARKETING FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS|
|ADVANCED SELLING AND SALES MANAGEMENT|
|SPECIAL TOPICS IN MARKETING|