Parking and Transportation
University Union Garage
Phone: 410-704-PARK (7275)
General Parking Information
- Information regarding permit sales for the coming academic year will be available on the parking website by the beginning of May.
- All vehicles parked on campus from 6 a.m.–8 p.m., Monday–Thursday, and 6 a.m.–3 p.m. on Friday must have a valid TU parking permit, or must use a designated visitor or metered parking space and pay the applicable fee.
- Parking regulations are in effect to help ensure safe and adequate parking for the entire campus community. Vehicles parked in violation of regulations may be issued a citation and/or towed at the driver’s expense.
- Parking regulations are subject to change. To view the current regulations, visit our website.
- Permits are not required in most lots on weekends or on official university holidays when the campus is closed. Signs at each lot will indicate restrictions.
- If your vehicle is not registered in the state of Maryland, the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration requires the purchase of a Nonresident Permit for vehicles registered in other states when the driver of the vehicle is a student attending a school in Maryland for a period in excess of 30 days. Please note that this is not a permit for campus parking and fees must be paid to the MVA. Applications for non-resident permits are available at the MVA.
On-Campus Resident Student Parking
Freshman on-campus residents (resident students with less than 30 completed units) are not permitted to park on campus. Students with extenuating circumstances may submit a resident exception. To view exception and rules, visit our website.
Resident students with 30 or more units will be eligible to purchase resident parking permits. A limited number of parking spaces will be available in the resident lots near housing locations. Once permits for these spaces are sold out, eligible residents will be assigned parking at another designated lot.
On-campus residents who were unable or ineligible to obtain a permit, MAY NOT have a vehicle on campus at any time. Vehicles without a valid TU permit will be issued a citation and/or be towed at the driver’s expense.
Off-Campus/Commuter Student Parking
If you are planning to live off campus, visit our website and click on eParking to purchase a permit as soon as sales open. Permit sales are expected to begin in August. Permits will be available for purchase online only. No physical permit will be issued. Your license plate will be checked to verify you have a valid virtual permit.
- TU operates off-campus shuttles during the fall and spring terms that serve several apartment complexes and residential areas close to the campus.
- TU also operates on-campus shuttle service during the fall and spring terms that serves all locations on campus. Please see the Parking and Transportation website for hours and schedules.
- TU operates off-campus shuttles during the winter and summer sessions while classes are in session. Shuttle schedules are abbreviated during this time. Please go to our website or TUTigerRide for additional information.
- TU provides point-to-point Safe Ride service to areas accessible by a bus between the hours of 2:30 a.m. and 6.a.m., seven days a week during the academic year. To request service, please call 410-704-SAFE (7233).
- Para-transit service is available for individuals with mobility issues who have been pre-certified to use the service. Please see the website for requirements and to obtain an application.
- The University Police provide a walking escort service to areas not served by the shuttle service from dusk to dawn. To request this service, please call 410-704-SAFE (7233).
- Baltimore Collegetown offers shuttle services between local participating universities and downtown Baltimore Penn Station. Visit Baltimore Collegetown's website.
- The Maryland Transit Administration provides bus service between Towson, downtown Baltimore and elsewhere. Visit Maryland Department of Transportation's website.
- A number of local cab companies cater to the Towson area.
For more information on Parking and Transportation Services, visit our website, call 410-704-PARK (7275) or stop by Parking and Transportation Services located in the Union garage.