Parking and Transportation
General Parking Information
- Information regarding permit sales for the coming academic year will be available on the parking website by the beginning of May.
- All vehicles parked on campus from 6 a.m.–8 p.m., Monday–Thursday, and 6 a.m.–3 p.m. on Friday must have a valid TU parking permit, or use a designated visitor or metered parking space and pay the applicable fee.
- Parking regulations are in effect to help ensure safe and adequate parking for the entire campus community. To avoid citations, please ensure you follow the established regulations.
- Parking regulations are subject to change. To view the current regulations, visit our website.
- Permits are not required in most lots on weekends or on official university holidays when the campus is closed. Signs at each lot will indicate restrictions.
- If your vehicle is not registered in the state of Maryland, the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration requires the purchase of a Nonresident Permit for vehicles registered in other states when the driver of the vehicle is a student attending a school in Maryland for a period in excess of 30 days. Please note that this is not a permit for campus parking and fees must be paid to the MVA. Applications for non-resident permits are available at the MVA.
On-Campus Resident Student Parking
Resident student restrictions may apply based on enrollment status. For information regarding permit rates, purchasing options, and parking restrictions, please visit our website.
On-campus residents who were unable or ineligible to obtain a permit, MAY NOT have a vehicle on campus at any time.
Off-Campus/Commuter Student Parking
Commuter student parking restrictions may apply based on enrollment status. For more information regarding permit rates, purchasing options, and parking restrictions, please visit our website. Permit sales are expected to begin in August. If interested in Sustainability Transportation Options or TU Shuttles, please visit Sustainable Transportation or TUTIGERRIDE.com.
- TU operates on and off campus shuttles during the fall and spring terms which include winter and summer sessions while classes are in session. Para-Transit Services are available for those with mobility issues who have been pre-certified to use the service. Please go to our website or TUTIGERRIDE for additional information regarding shuttle services.
- TU provides point-to-point Safe Ride and SafeWalk services, seven days a week.
- Baltimore Collegetown, and Maryland Transit Administration provides bus services between Towson and Downtown Baltimore. Please visit Baltimore Collegetown and Maryland Department of Transportation's website for more information.
- Baltimore County "The Loop" provides bus services within the Towson area. Please visit The Loop website for more information.
For more information on Parking and Transportation Services, visit our website, call 410-704-PARK (7275) select option 1, email email@example.com, parking chat, or stop by Parking and Transportation Services located in the Union garage.